RECYCLE WITH MELLI!
World Recycling Day was celebrated for the first time on March 18, 2018, at the initiative of the International Recycling Institute in Brussels. At our initiative, every day can be recycling day. If the term recycling has not come to you until today, I suggest that you read our graph with understanding and decide today which of your habits you will change and in which way you will contribute to the preservation of the environment.
Figure 1. Timeline of decomposition of inadequately disposed waste
Here are some suggestions on how you can protect the environment with Melli:
- To begin with, you can start recycling our packaging, which we have been looking for for a long time and carefully selected. Of the 6 bottles we use, 5 of them are made of glass, only one is recyclable plastic. So, for all bottles there are containers into which you can throw them if you so choose! Of course, the world would be better if all the other packaging you use were regularly and properly recycled.
- If you still want to keep the packaging, you can use your imagination to support #upcycling and make a minimalist vase for one flower from the bottle. If your imagination goes further than a flower in a vase, let us know so we can see what new life you have given to a cosmetic bottle!
- The boxes in which the products usually come individually packed do not exist here. We considered them unnecessary because most of us throw away the box in which we receive the product. Do you agree with us or do you keep the product boxes? The only cardboard box we use is the delivery box, in which we use the so-called figs. Green figs are made from corn starch, they can be reused and are also 100% biodegradable! The product declaration and all necessary markings that the product must have are on the back of every Melli product.
- Both in production and in our own homes, we separate waste, and we hope that you do the same. Figure 2 graphically shows which waste belongs in which bin, and for those who still have doubts, I strongly recommend that they read more about waste at the link:
Picture 2. Colorful waste bins that can't wait for you to learn (or repeat) which waste belongs where.
- Glass bottle @equa is always with us on the road! Why equa, you ask? We have been using it for the last 4 years, one single bottle. It didn't break, it didn't bend, but it's stable, it looks nice, it's practical to wear, and we speak from our own experience. Whichever glass bottle you start using instead of plastic, you will choose well!
- The softeners you use often contain fats of animal origin, they contain preservatives that contain toxic substances and can cause allergic reactions on the skin, even if you just smell them. Using fabric softener creates a surface film on the clothes, which makes it impossible for the laundry to absorb the washing powder and water, which means that the stains may not have disappeared from the laundry after washing. It is neither good for your skin, nor is it good for the environment to use fabric softeners that only fictitiously make it softer. About a year ago we discovered...
LAUNDRY EGG produced by Ecoegg is a revolutionary discovery for our home that replaces powder and fabric softener completely! Two types of natural mineral beads are contained in a recyclable, plastic egg that fits in the palm of your hand! Read: you can forget about wearing heavy powders, or removing gel residues from wet laundry.
Manufacturers highlight the following advantages of Laundry Egg:
- vegan product, not tested on animals
- by using an egg, you save 40 plastic bottles (from fabric softener) every year (based on one load of laundry per week)
- gentle even for sensitive skin (on the dermatological test, the egg passes with excellent)
- reduces the use of disposable plastic (after a certain number of washes, you can buy refillable beads, not a new egg)
- does not contain harmful chemicals and can be used for hand washing (leave in water for 5-10 minutes)
- awards: 'Allergy Friendly Product'; Good Housekeeping Institute's 'Getting Greener' accreditation
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY!
If you want to make your life easier, click on the link and buy a laundry egg:
We could write a lot more about recycling, but to begin with we discovered how we recycle, hoping that at any point you will find inspiration and take one big step for yourself and the environment. The feeling of helping the environment in any way is wonderful, and it somehow gives us hope that the generations behind us will live in a cleaner and more beautiful world, and that we too will be able to enjoy peace in our old age, with a view of pure nature.
We can't recycle lost time, but for the sake of the future, we should treat waste carefully in the present. And, shall we recycle together?
Until next reading,